Woman says she saw missing daughter assaulted on Facebook Live

Posted March 22, 2017

A Chicago police spokesman has confirmed that a missing 15-year-old girl has been found safe after her family says she was sexually assaulted on Facebook Live.

Police in the U.S. city of Chicago have launched an investigation after a teenage girl was brutally sexually assaulted on Facebook live. She said her daughter appeared to be scared, and the men were acting abusive toward the teen.

Austin's alleged attack would not be the first violent crime committed on Facebook's live streaming service. Elkins said she received a call Monday morning from Austin's uncle, telling her about the video. She left to go to the store and didn't come back. WGN reporters say that they have seen screenshots, which are too graphic to publish, and that police have the full video. According to authorities via the Associated Press, five or six males sexually assaulted the girl as an estimated 40 people watched the stream, none of whom reported the attack to police. She told him her daughter had been missing since Sunday and showed him screen grab photos of the alleged assault. Eddie Johnson during a chance encounter outside the Ogden District police station on Monday as she was going in to file a missing person's report.

Johnson immediately ordered an investigation, and the department asked Facebook to take down the video, which it did.

What the British Prime Minister said about Trump holding her hand
According to Politico , Ivanka Trump says she will "voluntarily follow all of the ethics rules placed on government employees". Many people, including politicians and former White House staffers, were angered and confused by this new arrangement.

"What's even more disturbing, more than the fact that they did this, there were so many people that saw this, and they didn't pick up the phone and dial 911", Johnson told WGN concerning the video footage.

In January, Chicago police arrested four people who were charged with hate crimes for kidnapping and attacking a mentally disabled man.

About 40 people reportedly watched the video, but no one reported the incident to police, according to the AP.