12 people poisoned by carbon monoxide, 1 dead

Posted April 03, 2017

Six patients, including at least five children, remain hospitalized in good condition after a carbon monoxide leak in a southern MI hotel pool area that killed a 13-year-old boy.

WNDU-TV and WSBT-TV report officials at Lakeland Hospital in Niles confirmed the child's death Saturday.

First responders rushed the children to the hospital, where 13-year-old Bryan Douglas Watts later died.

Police said a seventh child also had carbon monoxide poisoning and she was found in a first floor room.

The victims were transferred to local hospital, all reportedly in critical condition.

Memorial Hospital of South Bend in IN, some 10 miles from the hotel in the southern MI city of Niles, told ABC News that the patients it is treating from the hotel are in critical condition. She had just come from the pool area.

The pool deck of a Quality Inn in Niles, Mich., where a Carbon Monoxide leak has killed at least one person and injured another 12 people.

One reason Selena Gomez was 'nervous' about '13 Reasons Why'
In Hannah's browser history, they find sites such as a Facebook help page that explains how to block someone on the network. The "I Ain't Me" singer told fans that her song choice was inspired by the Hannah and Clay's relationship in the show.

"When we first went in, we went in with our monitors".

Officials say they had carbon monoxide levels of 800 parts-per-million.

The pool's heater was found to be the source of the carbon monoxide.

Carbon monoxide levels in the building were later found to be 16 times above the safe limit. The maximum allowable by OSHA standards is 50 parts per million. "You'll wind up getting flu-like symptoms, vomit, then go unresponsive", he added, "but there isn't much time between getting nauseous and going fully unconscious". The entire hotel has since been evacuated.

The hotel has been closed to make repairs to the pool heater ventilation system.

It is unclear if there was a carbon monoxide detector in the pool area.