Faulty fridge believed to have caused fatal London apartment blaze

Posted June 24, 2017

Camden Council in London is preparing to evacuate 161 households from a block covered in similar cladding to the one used in the Grenfell Tower fire.

"Camden Council is absolutely determined to ensure that our residents are safe and we have promised them that we will work with them, continue to act swiftly and be open and transparent", Gould said in a statement.

Council leader Georgia Gould says the borough made the decision to empty the buildings after the London Fire Brigade and council experts had conducted a joint inspection of the properties.

Four more victims of the Grenfell Tower disaster have been formally identified, police said.

"Until the panels have all been removed, we will carry out 24/7 fire safety patrols on the estate's corridors to reassure residents and carry out enhanced fire safety checks".

She added: "Together we decided that the Taplow block needs to be temporarily decanted while we undertake urgent fire safety works so that residents can be fully assured of their safety". We offer our most profound condolences to the victims, those who have lost loved-ones, homes, and possessions, and to their friends and families.

A Hotpoint FF175BP model was found to have been the fridge-freezer at the centre of the tragedy and followed witness reports from June 14 that one resident claimed his appliance was responsible.

Celotex, based in Hadleigh, supplied its RS5000 insulation to form part of the rainscreen cladding fitted to the tower block. I don't know where we are going to go.

CNN's Jim Acosta Chides White House for 'Suppression of Information'
A source that is in frequent contact with the president told TheDC that Trump has considered firing Spicer on numerous occasions. The White House is refusing to answer those questions on camera, or in any kind of fashion where we can record the audio.

'Last night the Chief Executive and I led a public meeting to listen to the concerns held by residents of the Chalcots estate.

Scotland Yard also revealed manslaughter charges are being considered by detectives investigating the blaze in the tower in west London, which had failed fire safety tests.

She added that cladding on three buildings has so far tested positive as combustible.

Tauranga City Council general manager environmental services Rebecca Perrett said the council was supporting the ministry's efforts.

Edward Strange said: "We've had two fires here since the cladding was put on and both fires didn't spread so I don't see what the problem is".

A United Kingdom fire service spokesman said a failed cladding test did not necessarily mean a building was unsafe and it would depend on amount of cladding and where it was fitted.

Buildings in London, Manchester and Plymouth are among those where problem cladding has been identified.

The number of people to have died, including those classed as missing presumed dead, remains at 79.