Lisa Theris survives weeks in Alabama forest by eating berries

Posted August 16, 2017

The radiology student returned home yesterday but is still recovering after her month-long nightmare.

A 25-year-old woman who resides in Louisville, Alabama and had been missing for nearly a month has been found alive, according to the Bullock County Sheriff's Office.

"She ran into the wooded area at night. She called us and told us she located the missing person", said Rodgers. She said she kept getting turned around, but was trying to find a way out and get help. She was exposed to brutal elements day and night in several thousand acres of isolated forest.

"She had been out lost in the woods", he said.

By the time she was found, Theris had lost 22.6 kilograms and was covered in scratches (pictured) and bug bites. "You've been through a lot.'" Garner told NBC that Theris was lethargic and that she begged Garner "not to leave her side". She eventually made it to the highway, where a motorist spotted her. They have not been charged in connection with her disappearance, according to, an Alabama news outlet. "And maybe she could give us some insight and fill in the blank spaces". Theris was reported missing in mid-July and had last been seen in the Midway, Alabama area. Her family reported her missing on July 23.

It is believed that she was with two men who broke into a hunting camp in the middle of July, and Manley Davis and Randall Oswald were later charged in the burglary.

The men said Lisa didn't know about the break-in and didn't want to be a part of it. Davis and Oswald were later arrested for the burglary, in which they were accused of stealing $40,00 worth of items from the lodge.

The two men, Manley Davis, 31, and Randall Oswald, 36, were arrested almost two weeks after Lisa disappeared and were charged with stealing $40,000 (£31,100) worth of goods including four-wheel drive cars and chainsaws, according to Huffington Post.

Several Feared Killed As Boko Haram Strikes Konduga
At least 37 people, including members of the team, died when rescuers from the military and vigilantes attempted to free them. At least 30 people have been killed and some 80 more wounded in a bombing attack in Nigeria's northeastern state of Borno.

According to police, Ms Theris did not want to be involved in the crime so she ran off but became lost.

"Words can not describe the happiness and relief we feel that she has been found and returned to us".

"We didn't ask her too many questions", said the sheriff. Her will to live is incredible.

Sergeant Chad Faulkner added: "We don't have the total details on everything yet. So when I got word she was found alive, my whole world flipped upside down again".

Theris was back in her Louisville home on Monday, where her siblings said she has begun her slow road to recovery. That's rough, being in the woods for a month.

Will also said his sister was in critical condition when she was taken to the hospital. Williams said none of Theris' injuries were severe, according to BuzzFeed News. "I just thank God she's alive", the sheriff said.

"She is severely weakened, she is in pain, she is emaciated", said her sister, Elizabeth. It is used here with permission.