Indian Army Chief in Ladakh tomorrow, to take stock of security

Posted August 21, 2017

The video shows heavy number of troops from both sides engaged in scuffle and stone-pelting in white background of what seems like Ladakh region.

The video, which has been doing the rounds on social media shows soldiers from both countries punching, kicking each other and also hurling stones.

Defence Expert P.K. Sehgal on Sunday said that the visuals have vindicated New Delhi's stand made by the Indian Army on Independence Day.

The narrow, serpentine 135-km long body of water, located 4,300 meters above sea level, is cut up by the 4,000 km Line of Actual Control (LAC) - the disputed border between the two powers.

The visit assumes significance as it comes amidst ongoing standoff between the two nuclear-armed nations at Dokhlam in the Sikkim sector and on the heels of the August 15 Chinese incursion bid near Pangong Lake.

#FirstOnThePrint Video of Indian & Chinese soldiers clashing at Pangong lake in Ladakh on August 15.

Nick Kyrgios ousts Nadal
After having to come through a tie-break in the opening set Nadal breezed through the second to set-up the Kyrgios match. It was Nadal's second match of the day, defeating countryman Albert Ramos-Viñolas earlier in the day.

However, China on Wednesday said that it was not aware of the reports of PLA soldiers entering Indian land along the banks of the Pangong lake in Ladakh and said it is committed to peace and tranquillity along the border.

It was earlier reported that the brief standoff led to jostling and exchange of blows between soldiers of the two armies; but, no shots were fired though. "Such incidents are not in the interest of either side", an MEA spokesperson noted, without specifying the extent of injuries on either side.

According to reports, during his visit, the Army chief would review the status with the local commanders of the Army and Air Force, also taking stock of military preparations in the Eastern Ladakh region. However, refused to say whether stones or rods were involved or not. Injuries from the fist fight and stone-pelting are partly visible.

After almost 30 minutes of facing off, the two sides retreated to their positions, he said.

All the officers spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue.